Bluefin Innovations is a small product development firm that provides embedded devices to companies in the DMV area. Our company has a highly creative culture of hands-on engineers with diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise. We're looking for a highly-motivated Computer Engineer to design embedded systems including high-density miniature PCBs that employ lightweight processors.
1. Design and develop digital electronics, analog electronics, and small power supplies for custom hardware platforms.
2. Part creation, schematic capture and basic PCB layout in Altium Designer
3. Board bring-up, verification/validation, integration, and support manufacturing test for mass production
4. Collaborative work with mechanical, firmware, RF, and manufacturing engineers
5. Transition of the electrical system design, including power management, microcontroller, and wireless communication to low-rate initial production and beyond
6. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support.
7. Fabricate and assemble functional prototypes for internal and external customer evaluation.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ANDABILITIES
1. Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, verification, and manufacturing support
2. Hands-on experience in working with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, frequency generators, etc.
3. Experience with digital peripheral interfaces (UART, CAN, SPI, USIM, I2C, USB, JTAG,MII/GMII/RGMII/SGMII, etc).
4. Experience with high voltage circuits (Up to 6 KV)
5. Good understanding of digital/baseband hardware and PCB design.
6. Embedded software development. (FPGA, Barebone, ARM, Linux and RTOS)
7. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
8. Proficient user of Altium Designer and Microsoft Office 365
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience with proof of exceptional ability.
1. 4-8 years relevant work experience in digital/analog designs.
2. Experience with wireless (LTE/WiFi/BT/GPS) baseband system development and board level design is a plus.
3. Design experience with microcontrollers, ARM based processors and PMICs.
4. FPGA software development experience across multiple families (Intel, Xilinx)
5. Good understanding of various network protocols. (TCP/IP, RIP, LLMNR, DHCP, UDP, 10Base T, 802.11, RTSP)
6. Excellent troubleshooting skills with analysis and debugging ability on power consumption and board bring up (boot-up).
7. Solid knowledge in High Speed Digital interfaces such as: Memory Bus I/F (eMMC,LPDDR3/LPDDR4 SDRAM, PCIe, SDIO, etc.)
8. Experience with Altium Designer and Concord Pro
9. Arduino and Raspberry Pi software development and programing.
Licenses or certificates
1. No licenses or certificates are required.
1. Must be US Citizen.