1. Collaborate with clients and Bluefin team to document project requirements.
2. Create part and assembly designs using SolidWorks, including presentation of these designs as models and renderings
3. Develop detailed part designs that employ sheet metal, machining, and injection molding.
4. Collaborate with electrical and systems engineers for concurrent development of enclosures and other mechanical packages around high-density printed circuit boards.
5. Create design documentation including part and assembly drawings, as well as harnesses and PCB outlines and interface definitions.
6. Develop BOMs including sourcing components that are custom made as well as commercial-off-the-shelf.
7. Fabricate and assemble functional prototypes for internal and external customer evaluation.
8. Collaborate with the production team to release designs for prototyping.
9. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support.
1. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
2. Hands-on experience in prototype build and debug, verification, and manufacturing support
3. Experience working with hand tools, measuring instruments, shop floor equipment, light fabrication using milling machine and laser cutter
4. Familiarity running 3D printers
5. Patience and diligence to assemble and test benchtop and miniature instruments, working around PCBs while maintaining ESD protection.
1. Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or equivalent experience with proof of exceptional ability.
1. 4-8 years relevant work in a design environment.
2. 5+years working with SolidWorks
3. 3+years working around PCBs
4. Design of injection molded, machined, and sheet metal parts, taken to the point of prototype and/or production level
5. Prior employment at a product development company
1. No licenses or certificates are required.
1. Must be US Citizen.