Bluefin Innovations is a small product development firm that provides embedded devices to companies in the DMV area. Our company has a highly creative culture of hands-on engineers with diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise. We're looking for a highly-motivated Firmware Engineer to design embedded systems that employ lightweight processors on the high-density PCBs we design & develop in-house.
1. Design and implement embedded hardware control-logic and low-level data protocols interfacing a main processor with different sub-systems.
2. Perform firmware development over the full engineering lifecycle across multiple projects.
3. Establish firmware, software, hardware interface requirements to satisfy product performance goals.
4. Support interfacing disciplines such as firmware, mechanical, RF, hardware, integration& test, and project management.
5. Board bring-up, verification/validation, integration, supporting manufacturing test for production.
6. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, verification, and manufacturing support.
2. Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems. (FPGA, Barebone, ARM, Linux and RTOS)
3. Solid programming experience in C or C++ for embedded systems.
4. Hands-on experience in working with engineering lab equipment. (Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, frequency generators, etc.)
5. Experience with digital peripheral interfaces (UART, CAN, SPI, USIM, I2C, USB, JTAG, MII/GMII/RGMII/SGMII,etc).
6. Good understanding of digital/baseband hardware and PCB design.
7. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
8. Proficient user of GitHub and Microsoft Office 365.
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience with proof of exceptional ability.
1. 3-7 years relevant work experience in firmware design, implementation, and test.
2. Experience using Keil ARM software development environment.
3. Experience working with wireless (LTE/WiFi/BT/GPS) system development is a plus.
4. Design experience with microcontrollers, ARM based processors and PMICs.
5. Experience and/or knowledge of mass spectrometry is a plus but is not required.
6. FPGA software development experience across multiple families (Intel, Xilinx) is a plus.
7. Good understanding of various network protocols. (TCP/IP, RIP, LLMNR, DHCP, UDP, 10Base T, 802.11, RTSP)
8. Excellent troubleshooting skills with analysis and debugging ability on board bring up.
9. Solid knowledge in High Speed Digital interfaces such as: Memory Bus I/F (eMMC,LPDDR3/LPDDR4 SDRAM, PCIe, SDIO, etc.)
10.Experience with handling multiple data streams simultaneously is a plus. (Save to local file and stream to cloud)
1. Work is 4 days/week on-site at our facility in Sterling VA, and 1 day/week remote if desired.
Licenses or certificates
1. No licenses or certificates are required.
1. Must be US Citizen.